Consignment Items placed for sale
- Items must be fashionable, of good quality, in excellent condition, cleaned and pressed.
- ALL ITEMS PRESENTED FOR CONSIGNMENT MUST BE FRESHLY WASHED AND IRONED, IN SEASON AND CLOSE TO CURRENT FASHION & DESIGN.
- Consignment will only be accepted by appointment only. Please contact the store for details.
- Please ensure that all goods presented for consignment meet all requirements, as we strive to consign only the best items for sale ensuring a satisfactory outcome in sales.
- If items are considered by the Boutique to require cleaning, pressing and/or repairs, the cost of same will be the responsibility of the owner and will apply regardless whether the items are sold or not. The cost will be deducted from the clients end payment.
- Items which are accepted with faults which pass unnoticed at the time of placement may be returned to the owner.
- Items unsold will not be accepted for a second season.
- All items placed for sale will be listed on computer. Please ensure that you have your own written stock listing as Merry-go-round will not issue a copy.
- Sales with a total of $50 or less will be paid in cash.
- Sales with a total over $50 will be paid by direct deposit.
- All items will be included in any seasonal sales that the Boutique may have. There are no exclusions.
- All unsold items at the end of each season will be reduced in price for end of season sale.
- Please check your stock status on a regular basis, as we do not notify you on sale or collection of consigned goods. This can be done by telephone, email or calling into the shop personally.
- Every care will be taken to ensure the safety of all items from theft or mishap. However, the Boutique does not accept responsibility for items placed with the Boutique.
All consignment items when sold are paid out to the client at 1/3 of the end selling price.
Placement period/collection date
- Summer clothes accepted from the end of August each year. Please contact Merry-go-round for an appointment.
- Winter clothes accepted from the end of February each year. Please contact Merry-go-round for an appointment.
- Clothes placed with the Boutique must be collected at the end of each season. Unsold items not collected within 6 months from the date of consignment will be donated to charity.
- Pricing of items and payment
- Items are priced by the Boutique. This is not negotiable.